you can easily check the status of any licensed car dealer in california
if you are donating your car to a registered 501 c(3 ) charity
check the status of the organization on guidestar.org prior to releasing your vehicle
ask the charity if they use a registered agent or service provider for
vehicle pickup and dmv paperwork then confirm the identity of whom you give your car
make sure you have contact numbers if documents are incomplete or missing
remember to immediately file the release of liability to the dmv
enjoy your holiday
gina automated mom
|I.||To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.|
|II.||To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.|
|III.||To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.|
|IV.||To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.|
|V.||To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.|
|VI.||To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.|
|VII.||To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.|
|VIII.||To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.|
|IX.||To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.|
|X||To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.|
If you care about nonprofits and the work they do, then you’re affected by what GuideStar does—even if this is your first visit to www.guidestar.org. You see, we gather and publicize information about nonprofit organizations. Our reach is far and wide. Our database is broad and deep.
We encourage nonprofits to share information about their organizations openly and completely. Any nonprofit in our database can update its report with information about its mission, programs, leaders, goals, accomplishments, and needs—for free. We combine the information that nonprofits supply with data from several other sources. You’ll find GuideStar data:
If you’re new to GuideStar, search the site to find the nonprofit information you need—it’s free! You’ll get even more information if you complete our registration form and log in—also free!
Why are we so passionate about nonprofit information? Because the best possible decisions are made when donors, funders, researchers, educators, professional service providers, governing agencies, and the media use the quality information that we provide. Those decisions affect our world today and will continue to affect it for generations to come.
Subscriptions and licensing fees for our services provide important financial support for our work—in 2006, they made up 64 percent of our total revenue. The remaining 36 percent came from generous foundations and donors—we’re a public charity, too. We have an ambitious plan for long-term sustainability, but we are also committed to providing nonprofit information to a broad audience at no cost to those users. It’s part of our public service, one that we pledge to continue.
We hope you’ll connect with nonprofits through our site and support their good work. If you like what you find on GuideStar, we’d also appreciate your support for our work. Learn more about making a donation to GuideStar >
before you make a trade-in or a vehicle donation
see if the dealer is legit
check the status
of any licensed car dealer in california
rex our automated man blog for red flag compliance info:
charlotte’s how to become a car dealer blog: